Summer is approaching fast and the wish to have sculpted abs becomes a must. If you’re in search of programs or exercises for stunning abs that will make worrying about going to the swimming pool or the beach go away, you need to stop.
Stop searching! Here’s how you can work your abs in only 8 minutes, by following this very simple exercise structure:
- 9 exercises
- 30 seconds work
- 10 second breaks
1. Metabolic crunch – 30 seconds on each side + 10 second break
2. Crunch – 30 seconds + 10 second break
3. Alternative leg raise or Legs raise – 30 seconds + 10 second break
4. Lateral Crunch – 30 seconds on each side + 10 second break
5. Lateral Plank + Oblique Twist Plank – you should combine these two exercises (15 seconds the first one – 15 seconds the second one) so you’ll get 30 seconds of exercise on each side + 10 second break
6. Scorpion Abs – Pull the knee to the opposite elbow, then over the other leg and after that touch the ground. Do this for 30 seconds on each side + 10 second break
7. Mountain climbers – do it for 30 seconds + then you can pause for 10 seconds
8. Plank forearms-hands – do it for 30 seconds + then you can pause for 10 seconds
9. Plank – maintain the position for 30 seconds.
The entire circuit takes 8 minutes! However, if you want better results, 8 minutes won’t be enough, therefore you’ll have to make 2 or 3 series. For best results, I recommend you do this circuit twice a week.
For beginners or people who can’t do the above mentioned exercises, I have the following suggestions:
- change the exercising time from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- replace the exercises that you can’t do with easier ones (as long as they’re still ab exercises!)
- keep the exercise time (30 seconds) and increasing the break time to 15 seconds.